To enrol your child at Redcliffs School you need to call in at the Office and fill out a pre-enrolment form.
Enrolment days for pre-enrolled children are held each term. Should you have a child who is about to start school please ensure we have contact information so we can arrange an enrolment day.
For new entrant children there are pre-school visits to make the transition to school easier.
As it is empowered by the Education Amendment Act (Section 11D) 1998 the Board of Trustees has adopted the following scheme governing enrolments at the school on the basis that there is likely to be overcrowding and to avoid such overcrowding.
(ref) Education Amendment Act 2000.
a. Children who have Redcliffs as their closest school (this area being considered the Redcliffs zone) can enrol as of right provided the needs of the pupils can be met. See attached map.The home zone is that area encompassed by: The estuary shoreline from Mt Pleasant Road to Shag Rock and the coast to the foot of Clifton Terrace; Clifton Terrace to Panorama Road and on up to the Summit Road; along the Summit Road to Mt Pleasant Road; down Mt Pleasant Road to Soleares Avenue; down Soleares Avenue to an imaginary line running from Soleares Avenue below Cadiz Lane to include Arotoro Place; and finishing at the bottom of Mt Pleasant Road.
b. All in-zone enrolments will be provisional and dependent upon the child living permanently at their stated in-zone address. The Board may require proof of residency within the zone.
c. Application for Out of Zone enrolment will be processed the following order of priority:
- First Priority: This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
- Second Priority: Must be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority: Must be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority: Must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth Priority: Must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school, or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth Priority: Must be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.